Project #9: Pillows

photo 3This one was a long, long time coming.  We’ve had our couch two years now and ta da! It finally has pillows!  Whew… I am so relieved to get this project finished.

Who: For our family.

What: I originally thought I’d do envelope enclosures, but they didn’t seem finished enough for the fabric I found.  After reading through this tutorial, I felt like I was up for trying zippers.  I didn’t follow her tutorial completely, but it was the inspiration I needed to get started.

Cost: The fabric is a curtain I bought a long time ago, but didn’t end up hanging up.  They cost (if I remember right) about $20 for the one panel.  I also bought the zippers from Joann’s for $7 total.  The pillow forms I’ve had for years just waiting for this project.  (I’m not going to count their cost here, but they were from Ikea and super reasonable.)

P.S. The scripted pillow is a placemat that I filled with stuffing ages ago.  I just threw it in here for styling purposes.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s